Category Archives: Leadership

The Ramifications of the Kabbalah Centre

In 1922 the Kabbalah Centre was established in Israel by Rav Yehuda Tzvi Brandwein. The original establishment was called Yeshivah Koi Yehuda, and Phillip Berg and his wife Karen then re-established the United States Kabbalah Centre in New York City in 1965.

There was also a Kabbalah Centre established in Los Angeles in 1984, and there are other locations in Toronto and London. The approach that the Kabbalah Centre uses with its students for teaching purposes is that there is no requirement that the students know or have knowledge of Hebrew to study the Kabbalah.

The views of the Kabbalah is that it is a spiritual belief that all religions are merely spiritual branches of wisdom that is universal. Consequently, all religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Buddism, Islam and New Age Thinking are all part of, and branches of the wisdom of God. Kabbalah is then not an alternative to any religion in particular, but it is a supplement to them all.

Kabbalah does not become centric on God Himself because He is incomprehensible to us, but we dwell on the essence of God which is the “Light.” To further explain, it is reasoned that our five senses only reveal about 1% of the reality of God as the other 99% of our senses are incapable of accessing the reality.

The Kabbalah Centre goes on to teach that most of the unbounded spiritual energy that we should have access to is blocked by Klippot which blocks this spiritual energy from reaching us. It is only by study and the practice of Kabbalah and the practice of Jewish law that the Klippot can be removed. Negative behavior and violence are acts that Klippot is added.

The study of astrology is a part of the Kabbalah because it claims that cosmic forces affect everything and it has been a long-held Jewish tradition to study astrology.

Kabbalah.com/teachers

Clay Siegall- Co-founder of Seattle Genetics

Clay Siegell, Ph.D. is the President, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Seattle Genetics- a company he co-founded in 1998. Dr. Siegall received his Ph.D. in Genetics from the University of George Washington and a B.SC. in Zoology from Maryland University. He is a scientist by training with a focus on targeted cancer therapies. Before Seattle Genetics, Dr. Siegall worked with the National Institute of Health and the National Cancer Institute from 1988 to 1991 and Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute between 1991 and 1997. He is also a Board member of Alder Biopharmaceuticals- a private biotechnology company. He holds 15 patents and has authored more than 70 publications.

About Seattle Genetics

Seattle Genetics was built on a foundation of rigorous research and drug invention practices, scientific innovation as well as the passion for helping patients. Dr. Siegel has led the company to its present position as a leader in inventing antibody-drug conjugates [ADCs] for cancer treatment. Under his management, Seattle Genetics has managed to enter into many strategic licenses for its anti-drug conjugates technology, including with AbbVie, Genentech[Roche], Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline, which have brought in more than $300 million. Across collaborator and internal programs, more than 20 ADCs are currently using Seattle technology in clinical development. Dr. Siegel has also influenced the company’s capital-raising activities, obtaining more than $675 million from private and public financings, including Seattle Genetics’ initial public offer in 2001.

Seattle Genetics is fast-growing, and it is trying to enlarge its drug scope with new medicines and widen the use of the initial ones. The company also plans to embark on another hiring spree. These moves point to the company’s aggressive nature and underscore its role as the center for cancer research.

The company is testing its only commercialized drug- Adcetris, in numerous cancer-treatment scenarios. Currently, it is being tried out in over 70 trials against different types of lymphomas.

The company also intends to get another drug, known as 33A, into Phase 3 of this year’s clinical trials. The drug will be used for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia. Also, Seattle Genetics has two drugs that treat bladder cancer and one drug for breast cancer.